Paint & Coating Deformulation Testing Labs
PLSanalyticals’ expert scientific staff includes Ph.D. formulation chemists with decades of product development & deformulation experience with paints, varnishes, and stripping agents. Reverse engineering paint products can be especially difficult due to the large number of ingredients within the formulation, many of them at low levels. Isolating all of the resins, solvents, pigments, and additives with these products takes highly tuned analytical instrumentation and advanced separation techniques.
PLSanalyticals’ analytical chemistry labs have the ability to test a wide range of sample types by specialized Gas and Liquid Chromatography methods, along with a wide range of Spectroscopic (MS, IR) and Microscopic (SEM, EDXA, Raman, Polarized) techniques. This expertise can be highly valuable when companies need to:
- Perform VOC analyses on new formulations
- Research and compare competitive products
- Identify specialty active ingredients and/or trace contaminants
- Develop new products, including eco-friendly product formulation
- Verify marketing claims and check if competitors are infringing on your companies patents
PLSanalytical can also provide custom Materials Identification & Quality Control services. We offer routine and custom physical testing of thermal and mechanical properties. Our techniques include Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Analysis(EDXA), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), and Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA).
- Paint & Coating Analysis
- Failure Analysis Services
- Material Testing & Identification
- Product Formulation Services
- Coating Deformulation Article