Physical Testing Lab and Problem Solving Services
Avomeen offers routine and custom physical testing of thermal and mechanical properties. We use a wide range of analytical techniques to test polymers, adhesives, coatings, sealants, and more.
Some of our physical testing capabilities include:
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- DSC analysis measures the heat required to raise the temperature of a given sample, allowing for determinations of chemical characteristics based on relative heat capacity. DSC curves can provide insight into transition temperatures and enthalpies.
- Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
- TGA analysis involves raising the temperature of the sample gradually and plotting the weight against temperature, resulting in a precise weight loss curve. This method is essential to Avomeen’s Deformulation and Chemical Characterization testing, especially for polymer-based samples.
- Temperature-dependent degradation
- Vapor Pressure
- Heat Capacity
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Energy-Dispersive X-Ray Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Optical/Polarizing Microscopes + High Resolution Digital Photography
- Thermal Mechanical Analysis (TMA)
- Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA)